Wednesday 29 August 2018

Great British Bake Off Week 1: Biscuit Week

Had to be done, guys! Who knows how far I'll get this year haha.

Disclaimer: There are NO spoilers for the TV show.

So, as you may know, the Great British Bake Off returned to our screens last night with biscuit week. Was anyone else expecting cakes?? Today, I decided to follow suit and make some biscuits of my own.

Gone with the original here...

Mary's "Melting Moments" recipe is pretty simple: butter, self-raising flour, egg yolks, golden caster sugar and vanilla extract. I mixed all of that to make a dough, then divided it into 36 lumps which I then coated in oats. I put half a glace cherry on top but that's optional.

Ready to Bake!
Batch 1 of 3 - ooops!

Batch 2 of 3 - Better!
Spot the difference!

Batch 3 of 3 - Better!

















All in all, I'm pretty pleased with today's efforts. Took less than 2 hours, but I think if I'd done this in the Bake Off tent I'd definitely be going home! Good job my husband isn't as fussy as Paul Hollywood!

Next week, I'm guessing it's cake week. I was actually planning on making a cake for my husband's birthday this weekend, so I'll be ahead of myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment