Thursday 11 October 2018

Great British Bake Off: Week 4 - Desserts

It was tricky to decide what to make for this challenge, but in the end I settled on a classic: the bread and butter pudding.

For this one, I consulted the old family cook book, which is a cook book that was published in 1968 but I always remember my Mum using it at home (and I guess my Nan before her). That book is also responsible for my favourite macaroni cheese recipe!

Now, it's probably fair to say that my Bread and Butter pudding wasn't as good as my Dad used to make it (and you'll certainly never hear me say that again!) but it was still tasty, and my husband seemed to enjoy it. I remember it being slightly crunchier on the inside though...no food poisoning today though, so must have been ok!!

Golden Brown!
Week 5 was spice week, so of course, I'll be making gingerbread biscuits! The real question is, do I do the fancy piping like they do on the Great British Bake Off?? (Spoiler - I'm rubbish at piping!)

No comments:

Post a Comment