Sunday 7 October 2018

Love Quilt Square 23

Despite saying that I would concentrate on other stitching projects for a while, I quickly backtracked and signed up to stitch a square for Tillieasha. It's a unicorn and fairy themed quilt, who am I to resist??

I found a gorgeous unicorn chart on Etsy which uses different shades of purple and blue to create a galaxy effect. I was so excited to start I got started almost straight away!

I soon discovered that the colour gradient effect is achieved with mixed threads. That is to say, out of the 2 strands of thread you're stitching with, both strands are from different colours which are very close together on the colour wheel. I might do a section of DMC 209 and then I'll need to do a section of  209/208 combined, then a section of 208. It does look really effective, even if I have to really concentrate on the chart!

All in all, this one didn't take me too long to stitch and I really enjoyed seeing it come to life. Even more so when I added the backstitch. I think it'll look brilliant on a quilt.

Galaxy Unicorn
The only issue is, I want to stitch this for myself now! Do you think my husband would be ok with a unicorn picture in our bedroom?? =D

As things stand, I haven't signed up to anymore Love Quilt squares...honestly!

No comments:

Post a Comment